Child Support Enforcement - Applying for Services

Under both State and Federal Law, the Child Support Enforcement Division of the Miami County Prosecutor’s Office cannot take any action on a case until a party with proper legal standing applies for Child Support Enforcement Services.
- A mother can apply for services in order to establish paternity.
- Either parent of a child can apply for services, regardless of which parent has custody.
- Either parent of a child can apply for services, even if there is no Court Order regarding custody.
- A legal Guardian or legal Custodian can apply for services.
- Individuals with a child or children who receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) benefits are automatically referred to the Prosecutor’s Office for services; those individuals are required by law to cooperate with establishment and enforcement of child support.
An agency of the State of Indiana that has been granted custody of a child by a Court can apply for services.

There is currently no fee to apply for Child Support Enforcement Services.

Applying for services or receiving services from the IV-D Child Support Enforcement Division of the Prosecutor’s Office does not establish an attorney-client relationship between you and the Prosecutor’s Office. The Prosecutor’s Office is not your attorney. The Prosecutor and the Deputy Prosecutors of the Miami County Prosecutor’s Office can ONLY represent the State of Indiana.

To apply for services from the Child Support Division, the following items must be provided:
1. A completed application for services.
2. Photo Identification.
3. Social Security Cards.
4. A copy of the child(ren)'s birth certificate(s). You can obtain a copy of the birth certificate(s) from the Health Department in the County where the child(ren) were born. Obtaining birth certificate(s) will be at your expense.
5. If applicable: 
        - Medicaid Cards 
        - Paternity Affidavits 
        - Court Orders 
        - Adoption Decrees
6. If available: photograph of the non-custodial party.

If the non-custodial parent lives in another state, a UIFSA (Uniform Interstate Family Support Act) Questionnaire may need to be completed.

Applications are available online (please see links below) or from the Child Support Division.
  1. Child Support

    Physical Address
    25 N Broadway
    Room 115
    Peru, IN 46970

    Monday - Friday

    8:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.

    Child Support payments can be made in the Clerk's Office
    Monday - Friday
    8:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.