There are three easy steps to becoming a poll worker in Miami County.
- First you need to call this office or your party's county headquarters to sign up. They will give you all of the information you'll need to be a poll worker on Election Day.
- Next, you will attend a brief training session to learn how to be a poll worker.
- On Election Day you will help your fellow citizens through the election process.
- First, by helping to set up the polling place.
- Second, by helping check in voters and explaining to them how to cast their ballot. In some cases this may include explaining the features of the voting system.
- Third, once Election Day is done, you and your fellow poll workers will restore the polling place to its original condition and return the election supplies.