- The amount is $5 per 'taxable dog'
- Dog tax is due by May 30 of each year
- The dog tax may be paid to the animal control officer or the Miami County Commissioners
- If paying at the courthouse, please go to room 107 on the north end of the first floor during normal business hours.
- View ordinance 2007-8-21 (PDF), which defines and further describes the dog tax
- Payments may be made by cash or check
- Checks should be made payable to Miami County Treasurer
- Payments are accepted by mail. Mail your checks to:
Miami County Courthouse Room 107
25 N Broadway
Peru, IN 46970
- Please include owner's name, address (mailing and physical), phone number, and a self-addressed stamped envelope for your tags and receipt to be returned to you.