- Community Information
- Photo Galleries
- Photo Submission Guidelines
Photo Submission Guidelines
We are always happy to receive images from the public to use on the Miami County website. In order to ensure that the images sent to us are done legitimately, we have created a few submission guidelines.
- For all pictures, the name, address, phone number, and email address of the person submitting the images must be included. This information will not be made public, but is for our records only.
- If you do not want us to use your name on the website to acknowledge the use of your picture (i.e. 'submitted by John Q. Doe), please tell us this when you submit the picture.
- All pictures should be submitted to the by email. Photos mailed in will not be accepted nor returned.
- All photographs submitted via email are still the property of the photographer or other copyright holder, Miami County is granted the right to use copies of the image on this website in any manner without compensation.
- The larger the picture, the better we can use it. Please do not reduce the image size before submitting it to us.
- Please include as much information about the photo as you can. When and where it was taken, names of persons, objects, buildings and locations that are visible in the image.
- If you want the photo included in a particular gallery, please use the gallery's title which is in bold, blue, larger font, just below the date bar.
- The person submitting the images must be 18 years of age or older.
- Recent photos must be submitted by the photographer or by someone who has prior permission from the photographer to submit them, and must be the photographer's original work.
- Anyone submitting a photo where a living person can be identified must submit a release form signed by the person or persons in the photo.
- Historic photos may be submitted by anyone as long as there is no current copyright on the photograph.
- Photographs containing a photographer's watermark or other copyright may not be submitted.
- Do not submit any pictures that contain nudity, violence, obscenity, profanity, pornography, illegal activity, or anything else that is offensive in nature. Images in violation of this may be submitted to the authorities for investigation and possible prosecution.