Perrysburg is an unincorporated community located in Union Township. It was platted in 1837 by John R. Wilkinson and Matthew Fenimore.
A trading post was established at Perrysburg in 1837, and in 1838 a sawmill was built on nearby Weesau Creek.
By 1839 Perrysburg had half a dozen homes, a blacksmith shop, a church, a store, and a tavern. Later, when the Lake Erie and Western Railroad was built in Miami County, it was not extended to Perrysburg which led to the community's decline.