Superior Court II
View and Search the Court Calendar
Cases heard in Miami Superior Court II:
- Criminal cases are all non-driving Misdemeanor charges and all non-driving Level 5 and 6 Felony charges.
- All Juvenile Delinquency, Juvenile Status and Termination of Parental Rights cases.
- All Small Claims Evictions (effective 1-1-2023).
- Civil Prison cases (non SC/DC/DN or Habeas Corpus cases) filed by offenders at Miami Correctional Facility or the Miami County Jail.
- Adoptions, Estates, Guardianships and Trust matters.
- Divorces, Paternity cases and other Family Law matters.
- Civil Collections, Civil Torts and Mortgage Foreclosures.
Small Claims Evictions
Per Miami County's Case Allocation plan, beginning on January 1, 2023, all Small Claims Eviction cases (EV) will be filed in Miami Superior Court II.
Hearings will be held on Fridays as per the Court's schedule, with Initial Hearings at 10:00 AM and 10:30 AM and Damages Hearings set at 11:00 AM.
The Superior II Evictions Calendar for 2023 can be found here. Please note the Friday dates where there will be no eviction/damages hearings.
The Small Claims Eviction Guide for Pro Se Litigants for Miami Superior Court II can be found here. Included you will find copies of the forms for Superior Court II that you will need to use for new EV filings beginning January 1, 2023.
All filings must be submitted to the Miami County Clerk. Filings may be made in two ways: (1) by e-filing the documents or (2) by delivering the original pleading to the Clerk's Office. (All attorneys are required to utilize the e-filing system)